Acoustic Guitar Resource Collections:
Other Lists of
Online Guitar Resources
- Guitar Notes
by Jason Nieh
- A very extensive and attractive collection of links by multimedia
whiz, guitarist and guitar instructor Jason Nieh.
- Guitar Man Acoustic Guitar Tips
- "Care, preservation, maintenance, & playing tips
acoustic guitarist clubs / guitarists / jokes / conversion wheel
real audio & wavs / guitar wallpaper / links / music paper
desktop theme / guitar tuner / screensavers / calendar"
- 13th Fret
- A web-based discussion forum (in contrast to Usenet "news" forums that
require a news feed) on acoustic and electric guitars.
- The Acoustic Guitar Home Page
- A site containing information and links compiled by Grant Galvis, a
regular contributor to RMMGA. Hosts the RMMGA FAQ and Who's Who list
(listing RMMGA readers, their influence and instruments, and how to reach
them for correspondence or a jam if you're in their area).
- Kirk Reiser's Web Page
(Future RMMGA Site?)
- Pat Kirtley Acoustic
Fingerstyle Guitar Web Site
- Pat Kirtley is the 1995 National Fingerstyle Guitar Champion. His
attractive and informative web site includes a compendium of
information on various guitar periodicals and workshops, and a list
of other web sites of interest to acoustic guitarists.
- The Sounding Board
- Started in Summer 1996, this site "is intended to be a home for acoustic
musicians, particularly guitar players. It will feature bands, music,
transcriptions, reviews of new CDs and of new equipment..." Although
other, older web sites and RMMGA fulfills these purposes, perhaps he'll
find a niche.
- Classical Guitar
- Flamenco Guitar Home
- Dansm's Acoustic Page
- A new (Spring 97) and attractive
acoustic guitar page by Dan Smith. It is noteworthy for its
attention to issues facing beginners, and includes
a number of basic lessons on such topics as chord theory and fingerpicking.
- Richard Darsie's Music Room
- Malahat Mountain Music
- Home page of a Canadian acoustic music record label, including artist
sites and instructional video descriptions.
- Internet Guitar's
List of Links
- Favorite links of the Internet Guitar vintage guitar dealer web site.
- Rubens's Acoustic Guitar Page
- Bob Tedrow's Web Page
- Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar: Steel
String Ring Recordings
- A site with samples of tunes and tab for Steel String Ring Recordings
artists, and a list of links to other artist pages for acoustic
- Top 25 Guitar Sites
- Visitors' votes determine which guitar sites make this list, which
provides daily and weekly rankings of guitar sites of all types.
- Yahoo's Guitar Listings
- "An Internet Resource for Musicians" of all types, not merely guitarists.
However, its organizer, Scott Lehman, mostly plays guitar, and thus
this site's Guitar Resources section is first-rate.
- Six-String Arts
- A page hosting information geared towards beginner and intermediate
players, including articles on chord functions, the circle of fifths,
beginning fingerpicking, stage fright, etc.. An AOL site that
crashes SunOS browsers.
- Waldo Pepper's Guitar FAQ and Information
- A small collection of links and brief FAQ documents, mostly related
to the electric guitar; home of the Mesa Boogie Triaxis users group.
Features an unusually unreadable home page!
- Omni Guitar
- A collection of links and information resources by Ted Viera, author
of the "Essential Concepts" guitar instruction book, which is
excerpted at the site. Ted is an electric jazz player.
- The Internet
- A currently (Spring '96) small but growing collection of guitar links.
Unfortunately, it doesn not come near to living up to its hype: "the
single most important source for guitar related information on the
- Guitar Haven
- A nice collection of informative pages, including particularly
valuable FAQs and lessons, as well as a "Chord Finder" providing
fingerings to basic chords, and a page of software links.
- Famous Guitar Maker Internet
- This site features an extensive regional list of electric and acoustic
luthiers, but also hosts a wide variety of other topical lists of
'net resources of interest to guitarists.
- DRS Guitar Links
- This is a large and useful categorized list of guitar-related links
compiled by DRS Digital Image
and Sound, Inc., designers and developers of music software and
contract programming services.
- Guitar Net
- Nashville-based guitar site hosting "Chord of the Week,"
"Ask the Guitar Maker" (Abe Wechter) and some other resources.
- Cal Woods's
List of Internet Guitar Resources
- Cal maintains OLGA.
- Ultimate Guitar Links
- A collection of links in 4 categories: Musicians, Magazines,
Manufacturers, Theory. Rather than trying to be comprehensive,
this site simply contains selections its maintainer thinks worth
- Jonno's Guitar Resources
- A small collection of links, particularly useful for its selection
of schematics and FAQs for do-it-yourselfers.
- Essential Strings
- "Offering free basic listing services and low cost web publishing
to musicians, instrument builders and instrument dealers interested
in establishing a web presence."
- Web Guitar Resources
- Maintained by Chris Bray, this is a nice categorized list of
links, alphabetized in each category.
- David Dion's
- A web page maintained by the tech support and customer service rep
for Rocktron Guitar Rack Technology Corporation of Rochester Hills, Michigan,
Guitar Magazine's favorite links.
- Guitar and Music Resources (unannotated list at panorama.poly.edu)
- The Guitar Page
- A presumptuous title and an unusually tasteless graphic design
distinguish this latecomer (June '96) among guitar sites. Still,
it looks like they put some work into it. Info is categorized
according to style (although the links were confused when last tried).
- Moved to webcom???
- Doc's Guitarland
- A nice collection of guitar resources compiled by Dennis O. Cline ("Doc").
Guitar-world of the Internet
- OAGL: Online Archive of Guitar Links
- Contains a large, single alphabetized list of links that you will
probably only find useful if you know what you are looking for. It
also has a live chat area.
- Fitchett Guitar
- A jump and information page collected by Mark Fitchett, who likes
to call himself Mr. Frets, "A highly skilled and versatile guitarist."
Mark is a musician, audio engineer, and experienced guitar teacher.
- Art's Guide to the
Internet for Guitarists
- This site hosts links to newsgroups of interest to guitarists,
and a long, uncategorized, unannotated list of guitar links found with
a search engine.
- Liam Hackwith's Guitar
and Bass Links
Modern Rock Guitar Site
- A visual nightmare; but if you can read past the ugly graphics there
may be some useful information here!
- Guitar Links
find this to be a useful collection of links. But it is uncategorized
and merely lists all sites alphabetically, regardless of topic.
- Blues Net
- EE Shop Music Page
- The Guitar Page
- A newcomer (do we really need more guitar pages, folks?) that is
high on appearance and low on content as of its opening in Summer '96.
- The Guitar Homepage
- Once you get past the pretentiousness of the title/PR for this site
and the hype on the site itself, you'll find some tab (mostly to rock
and pop tunes), chord charts,
and software for netborne guitarists. As of Sep '96 several internal
links at this site did not work.
- Steel Guitar:
- Bob Quasar's Peadal Steel Guitar
- Information about pedal steel guitar.
- Brad's Page of
- Information about electric and acoustic lap steel guitar.
- Guitar Page at Music Web
- A brief list of other web pages with guitar resources, and pages
devoted to manufacturers and builders. The general Music Web site also
has pages devoted to Home Studios, Drums, Keys, MIDI, and Magazines.
- Music Network USA
- Hosts a vintage guitar list and classified ads for musicians. As
of Spring '96, this site was very much under construction.
Tom Loredo /